Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate. ¿Perdiste tu email de activación?
Abril 19, 2024, 11:15:37 pm

Autor Tema: Description of a pack of missions  (Leído 2224 veces)

MaplePolice

• Orco
    • Scarmet Dwarf en Indiegogo
Description of a pack of missions
« en: Octubre 29, 2011, 02:36:37 pm »
Hi all,

i've written some paragraphs for the description of the missions for XQuest, and i've noticed we have some english speakers on this forum. I have a high level speaking and understanding oral english, but my writting abilities in english are not so good. Could you please tell me what do you think of the next text? Thanks in advance.

----------------------

An old man entered the training hall, he was wearing brown clothes, covering all his body except for his face. Everybody stopped fighting each other and looked at the crambling figure, who surely needed a walking stick. The old man noticed eveyone was paying attention to him, so he started to talk:
     "I'm deeply sorry, your training must come to an end. I know many of you came from distant lands to take part of this elite training, but the Five have been summoned."
     Silence. From time to time, you could hear some whispers between the young fighters, accompanied with some sinister laugh, and then the old man kept on talking:
     "Don't you know who are the Five? At least, you'll know who is Krv'haks, the first undead... It cannot be, i can see in your faces you do not know him. It was only 310 years ago when necromancy cursed this world, what are they teaching you on this hall? When i was young..."
     The old man kept on with his speech, but meanwhile most of the people there went away, laughing and acting like they were crazy. When the last one of them got out of the hall, the figure stopped talking, wore off his clothes, throwing them into the ground and a mask also fell down, exploding in a small light of green and blue colors. The speaker was a valley elf in disguise, a strong one with black long hair.
     "It seems you are something more than brute force or unstoppable magic. You are only four, but my instincts were telling me that you would be even less. Scarlion's Kingdom needs you, the Five ArchLiches have appeared on this world, like Krv'haks announced 275 years ago when captured. We didn't listen to him, but they are here."
     "But it is no time for regret. They are inactive right now, but that won't last. We need all the Heroes we can afford, but there is no time for training. You would have to obtain your status as heroes quickly, serving your king at the battle field. If you think you have what it takes, follow me. If you have any doubt, stay here and continue your training."

----------------------

And now, i write the version in spanish, for those who speaks both languages:

----------------------

Un anciano encorvado llegó a la sala de entrenamiento, con ropajes marrones los cuales le tapaban todo el cuerpo excepto su rostro arrugado. Los presentes pararon al ver llegar la figura del hombre, la cual necesitaba sin duda un bastón para andar. Tambaleándose y con voz quejumbrosa, se dirigió a los presentes:
     “Lo lamento, no podéis continuar vuestro adiestramiento. Se que muchos venís de muy lejos para formar parte de este grupo de élite, pero los Cinco han aparecido.”
     Durante unos segundos reinó el silencio, solamente se oía algún murmullo entre los presentes junto alguna risa malévola, tras lo cual el anciano siguió hablando:
     “¿No sabéis quienes son los Cinco? Bueno, al menos si sabréis quién es Krv'haks, el primer no muerto... No puede ser, vuestras caras me dicen que no lo conocéis. Hace solamente trescientos diez años de la llegada de la nigromancia a este mundo, ¿pero qué clase de enseñanza os imparten en este entrenamiento? Cuando yo era joven...”
     El anciano prosiguió su discurso, mientras muchos de los asistentes salieron con grandes risotadas y haciendo gestos de locura. Cuando salió el último de los que se movieron por el gran portón y se cerró, el anciano paró su discurso, se irguió completamente, se quitó sus ropajes y los tiró al suelo, tras lo que una máscara también cayó, estallando en una pequeña bola de luz de colores azules y verdes. El orador era realmente un elfo del valle, grande y corpulento, de pelo muy largo y negro, atado con una coleta.
     “Veo que vosotros no sois como todos aquellos y que sois algo más que fuerza bruta o magia descomunal. Solo sois cuatro, pero mi corazón me decía que seríais menos aún. El Reino de Scarlion os necesita, los Cinco Archi Liches han llegado a nuestro mundo, como Krv'haks anunció al ser apresado hace doscientos setenta y cinco años. No le hicimos caso y pensamos que solo era para asustarnos, o una maldición por haberlo atrapado, pero están aquí.”
     “De momento están inactivos, pero pronto se moverán. Necesitamos de todos los Héroes disponibles, pero no hay tiempo para entrenamientos. Tendréis que conseguir vuestro estatus de Héroe por la vía rápida, sirviendo a vuestro rey en el campo de batalla. Seguidme los que os sintáis con fuerzas para acometer esta hazaña, quedaros los que dudéis.”

----------------------

Gracias a todos de antemano :)
Poco a poco